Feedback is welcome, but not required. I will read it. And I will usually*
*Here are some scenarios that might prevent me from replying:
- You don't enter your email address, or enter it
- You have an email-blocking spam filter that requires some kind of
song and dance before you'll accept email from me (e.g. Earthlink's
- You're sending a press release or anything resembling a pitch; because
of the volume of pitches, I will reply only if I think it's worth your
time and mine.
- You're saying something silly based on having misread something I
- You're writing to ask whether there's a store in your neighborhood
that sells a certain product, or about the difference between a kangaroo
and wallaby, or anything else that you could just as easily look up
on your own.
- You're writing to disagree with opinions I expressed in Slate columns
several years ago. Also, ideas for Ad Report Card should be directed
to someone currently associated with Slate.
- The fate of the free world depends on me not replying to you, even
though I really, really want to.