I’ve been a fan of radio since I was a kid, and that’s extended into a digital-era enthusiasm for podcasts, sound art, and basically all things audio. Professionally, I’m a text guy, but I do try to do audio stuff whenever the opportunity comes up, and hope to do more. Here are a few things from that realm.
- April 27, 2017: The Musical Architecture of New Orleans’ Music Box Village, The Organist.
- January 22, 2016: Interview with Alex Kalman of Mmuseumm, The Organist.
- November 5, 2015: Siri Vs. New Orleans (Mis)Pronunciation, RN Pocketdocs entry.
- February 17, 2015: Interview with Rick Prelinger, The Organist.
- February 2015: “Businessman Hands,” text constructed from Shutterstock captions, Gauss PDF.
- February 2014: “One Year of Descriptive Phrases from NY Times Obituary Headlines: 2013.” Read by “Alex” option on NaturalReader Free 3.0.
- September 9, 2013: “On Seeing,” Insights Per Minute / Design Observer.
- September 20, 2012: “Calling vs. Texting,” Marketplace
- December 15, 2011: “The Dog Ate My Paycheck,” Marketplace
- December 9, 2011: “Recognizably Anonymous,” 99% Invisible
- July 22, 2011: “Alpha Quitters,” Marketplace
- July 1, 2011: “The Case Against ‘Dislike’,” Marketplace
- June 16, 2011: “Failure Chic,” Marketplace
More Marketplace stuff here. Previously, I did some radio bits for the early version of the Slate / NPR show Day To Day, tied to my old Ad Report Card column, but I don’t think that stuff exists online anymore. And of course I’ve done scores and scores of radio interviews about various articles, books, projects, etc. But that’s different.
One more thing, just for fun:
- November 17, 2007: Guest host of The Sounds In My Head all-“St. James Infirmary” episode.